Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Omelette with Gorgonzola and Sage from Closet Cooking
(makes 1 serving)
1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion (sliced)
1 small clove garlic (chopped)
1/2 tablespoon sage (sliced)
1/2 cup butternut squash (cut into small pieces)
1/4 cup gorgonzola (crumbled)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1. Melt the butter in a no stick pan.
2. Add the onions and slowly caramelize, about 20-30 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and sage and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the butternut squash and saute until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
5. Lower the heat and and sprinkle on the crumbled gorgonzola and let it melt just a bit.
6. Pour the eggs into the pan and let them cook without disturbing them until they have set, about 2-4 minutes.
7. Slide the omelette onto a plate and garnish it with more sage and enjoy.