Buffalo Chicken Sushi
from Closet Cooking
Buffalo chicken sushi with carrots, celery, blue cheese and crumbled cheese tortilla chips.Servings: makes 24 pieces of sushiPrep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup rice short grain rice (sushi rice)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 sheets nori
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 ribs celery, cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup cheese tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
- Bring the water and rice to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the water has been absorbed, about 18-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the vinegar, sugar and salt in a pan over medium heat until the sugar and salt have dissolved, set aside and let cool.
- Spread the rice out in a large wide bowl and fold in the vinegar mixture.
- Place a sheet of nori on a sushi mat with the shiny side down and cover 3/4's of it with a thin layer of rice. Place a row of buffalo chicken, celery, carrots, blue cheese and crumbled tortilla chips down 1 inch away from the edge and roll it up. Repeat 3 more times.
- Slice the rolls into 6 pieces and enjoy!