Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
from Closet Cooking
Potato skins filled spicy buffalo chicken and tangy melted blue cheese.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 1 hour 15 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 4 medium baking potatoes such as russet, scrubbed clean
- oil for brushing
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced and warm
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork and bake in a preheated 400F oven until tender, about an hour.
- Let the potatoes cool, cut in half and scoop out the middle leaving about 1/8 inch of potato on the skin. Reserve the scooped out potato for another use like mashed potatoes.
- Brush the potato skins all over with the oil and bake in a preheated 450F over for 10 minutes on each side.
- Mix the hot sauce and the melted butter and then mix in the chicken.
- Season the inside of the potato skins with salt and pepper, fill with the chicken and sprinkle on the cheeses.
- Broil until the cheese has melted, just a few minutes.
- Serve while still warm, garnished with green onions and with a side celery and carrot sticks and some blue cheese sauce for your dipping pleasure.