Buffalo Chicken Chowder
from Closet Cooking
A hearty and creamy chowder with all of the flavours of buffalo chicken wings!
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour (rice flour for gluten free)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- hot sauce to taste (I used 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot sauce)
- 1 large yukon gold or other boiling potato, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, add the chicken and saute until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Mix in the flour and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pan.
- Add the hot sauce and potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix in the cream and blue cheese and remove from heat when the cheese has melted.