Bruschetta Chicken Pesto Tart
from Closet Cooking
A chicken pesto 'pizza' made on puff pastry and topped with a tomato fresh bruschetta.Servings: 2-4Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 3/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon basil, torn or thinly sliced
- Mix the tomatoes, garlic and balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry into the desired shape, spread on the pesto and top with the chicken, cheese and onion.
- Bake in a preheated 400F oven until the a the pastry is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 15-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the pine nuts, tomato bruschetta, and basil and enjoy.