Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Maple Syrup
from Closet Cooking
A perfectly golden brown toasty, buttery grilled cheese sandwich filled with ooey gooey melted cheese served for breakfast, smothered in maple syrup.Servings: make 1 sandwichPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 slices bread, day old
- 2 ounces cheese, grated/shredded, room temperature
- maple syrup to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Completely butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan, buttered side down, sprinkle on the cheese and top with the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up
- Turn the heat down a notch and cook until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 2-4 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup.