Breakfast Chorizo Quesadilla Topped with a Fried Egg
from Closet Cooking
Chorizo and cheese quesadillas topped with a fried egg make for a tasty and satisfying breakfast!Servings: make 1 servingPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 (10 inch) tortilla
- 1/4 cup jack, shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, torn
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Grill or broil the jalapeno pepper until tender and slightly charred, about 4-5 minutes and slice it when cool enough to handle.
- Cook the sausage in a pan over medium heat, breaking it apart as you go, about 4-5 minutes.
- Place the tortilla in the pan over medium heat, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla, then top with the chorizo, jalapenos, green onion and cilantro and finally the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half covering the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Fry the egg in the pan until cooked, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the quesadilla topped with the fried egg and garnished with the avocado, sour cream and more green onions and cilantro.