Blueberry Maple Pecan Cinnamon Buns from Closet Cooking
(makes 12 buns)
1 recipe basic sweet yeast dough (see below)
1/2 cups maple sugar (or brown)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup wild blueberries
1/2 cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
1 batch maple cream cheese glaze (see below)
1. Punch down the dough. and knead for 30 seconds.
2. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
3. Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a 24" by 12" rectangle.
4. Mix the sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle it onto the dough followed by the blueberries and pecans.
5. Roll the dough into a log and pinch and cut it into 12 even slices.
6. Arrange the buns in a greased pan, cover in plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
7. Bake in a 375F preheated oven until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
8. Top the buns with the glaze and enjoy.
1/4 cup water (warm)
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
1/3 cup butter (melted)
1/2 cup sour cream (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/4 cups flour
1. Mix the water, yeast and sugar into a large bowl and let it sit until foamy, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the sugar, eggs, butter, sour cream, vanilla, salt and 2 cups of flour and mix for 2 minutes at medium or 200 strokes by hand.
3. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
4. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until smooth, about 5 minutes. (The dough should feel soft and buttery and not sticky.)
5. Place the dough in a greased the bowl, cover with a damp towel and let the dough rise until it has doubled in size, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.