Blueberry Almond and Amaretto Quinoa Crisp from Closet Cooking
A blueberry crisp with a quinoa and almond crust and a splash of amaretto in the filling.Servings: 4Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 50 minutesTotal Time: 60 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons amaretto (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup almond flour (or flour or rice flour etc)
- 1/4 cup almond slices
Note: The amaretto can be omitted or replaced with another almond liqueur.Option: Add some crumbled amaretti cookies to the topping!
- Bring the water and quinoa to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water, about 15 minutes, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes, covered.
- Mix the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, amaretto, lemon juice and vanilla and place it in a baking dish(es).
- Mix the quinoa, brown sugar, butter, flour and almond slices and crumble on top of the blueberries.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until it is bubbling and the top is golden brown, about 30-45 minutes.