BLT Grilled Cheese (BLTGC)
from Closet Cooking
A BLT sandwich grilled cheese style with plenty of melted cheese!Servings: makes 1 sandwichPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 2-4 slices bacon
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup lettuce, shredded
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from the pan and fry the tomato slices for about a half a minute on each side. (optional)
- Heat a clean pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the bacon, lettuce, tomato and the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.