Blackened Catfish Tacos
from Closet Cooking
A Southern take on tacos with blackened fish and a spicy remoulade sauce.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 5 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound catfish or other white fish
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 8 (6 inch) tortillas
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup remoulade sauce
- hot sauce to taste
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip the fish into the butter, sprinkle on the seasoning and pat it in.
- Place the fish in the skillet and cook until it just starts to blacken but not burn, about 2 minutes, flip it and do the same to the other side.
- Assemble tacos and enjoy.