Black Bean, Corn and Quinoa Picadillo Tacos
by Closet Cooking
Tasty black bean and corn picadillo tacos with cool and creamy avocado crumbled cotija and cilantro!Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 0 minutesTotal Time: 10 minutes
- 12 small corn tortillas, toasted
- 4 cups black bean, corn and quinoa picadillo (see below)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup cotija, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Assemble the tacos and enjoy!
Black Bean, Corn and Quinoa Picadillo
Black bean and corn picadillo that is just packed with flavour!Servings: 4Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 30 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water or broth
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green or red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 2 cups fresh
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pimento stuffed olives, cut into 3 slices
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 cup corn (~2 ears)
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the water is absorbed and the quinoa it tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the onions and bell pepper and cook until tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the jalapeno, garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, oregano, cinnamon, olives, raisins and capers, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for another 5 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste, mix in the vinegar and cilantro and remove from heat.
- Serve the picadillo on the quinoa or mix it all up.