Beef and Black Bean Chili
from Closet Cooking
A quick and easy beef and bean chili that makes for a tasty, healthy and hearty weeknight meal.Servings: makes 4-6 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 50 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (19 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup beef broth, beer or coffee
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and brown, breaking it apart as is cooks, drain any grease and set the beef aside.
- Add the oil in the pan, add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin and chili powders and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, beef, beans, broth, chipotle and oregano, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-50 minutes.