A summery grilled cheese sandwich with balsamic roasted strawberries, dark chocolate and plenty of melted brie.Servings: 1Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 30 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (or brandy or port)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bread
- 1 1/2 ounces brie, room temperature
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, chopped, room temperature
- Toss the cherries in the balsamic vinegar, place them on a baking sheet in a single layer, roast in a preheated 450F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese, the chocolate, cherries, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown and the cheese and chocolate has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.