Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Cakes with Creamy Avocado Sauce
from Closet Cooking
Healthy and tasty sweet potato, black bean and quinoa cakes with the smoky hint of chipotle chilies.Servings: makes 6 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups sweet potato, grated
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chill powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- creamy avocado sauce to taste (optional)
- Mash half of the beans in a large bowl, mix in the rest of the beans, sweet potato, quinoa, cumin, chill powder, salt, pepper, garlic, green onions, cilantro, egg and bread crumbs.
- Form the mixture into patties about 3/4 inch thick and place on a lightly oils baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 8-12 minutes per side.