Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Burgers
from Closet Cooking
These burgers have all of the flavours of jalapeno poppers with their jalapeno and cream cheese filling and their bacon wrapping and coat of melted cheddar cheese.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 25 minutes
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 strips bacon
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise or roasted jalapeno mayonnaise
- Grill the jalapenos over medium-high heat until charred all over, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
- Pinch the skins off of the peppers, cut in half and remove the seeds.
- Dice 2 of the jalapeno peppers and mix into the cream cheese.
- Divide the beef into 8 equal portions, form into patties, place 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on 4 of them, top with the free patties, pinch the sides closed to seal and form into patties again.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper to taste and wrap each with 2 strips of bacon.
- Brush the grill with oil and grill the burgers over medium-high heat until cooked, about 4-5 minutes per side, topping each patty with a slice of cheese after flipping.
- Assemble the burgers and enjoy!