Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
from Closet Cooking
Jalapeno peppers stuffed with spicy buffalo chicken and blue cheese and wrapped with bacon!Servings: make 4 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 35 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes
- 12 large jalapenos, cut in half with seeds removed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced and warm
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing (optional)
- Place the jalapenos in a single layer on a baking pan with the cut side down and roast in a preheated 350F oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix the hot sauce and the melted butter and then mix in the chicken.
- Fill the jalapenos with the buffalo chicken, top with cheese and wrap with bacon securing everything with a toothy pick.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the bacon is cooked, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve while still warm with a side celery and carrot sticks and some blue cheese sauce for dipping.