Bacon Jam and Guacamole Quesadilla topped with a Fried Egg and Bacon Jam Vinaigrette Drizzle
by Closet Cooking
A cheesy quesadilla filled with sweet, salty, smoky, and spicy bacon jam and cool and creamy guacamole served topped with a fried egg and bacon jam vinaigrette.Servings: makes 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1 (10 inch) tortilla
- 1/2 cup cheese such and cheddar and/or jack, shredded
- 2 tablespoons bacon jam
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon bacon jam vinaigrette (see below)
- Place the tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla, top with the bacon jam and guacamole and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half coving the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Fry the egg and serve on top of the quesadilla with a drizzle of bacon jam vinaigrette.
Bacon Jam Vinaigrette
A sweet and savoury bacon jam vinaigrette.Servings: makes 1/2 cupPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 0 minutesTotal Time: 5 minutes
- 3 tablespoons bacon jam
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything well.