Bacon Jam and Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
from Closet Cooking
A grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with sweet, salty, smoky and spicy bacon jam, cool and creamy avocado, a fried egg with runny yolk and plenty of ooey gooey melted cheese.Servings: makes one sandwichPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon bacon grease or butter (optional)
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons bacon jam
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded, room temperature
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced, room temperature
- Heat the bacon grease in a pan over medium heat, add the egg and fry sunny side up, about 2-3 minutes ans set aside.
- Butter the outside side of each slice of bread, spread the bacon jam on the inside, place one slice in the pan buttered side down, sprinkle on half of the cheese, then top with avocado, fried egg and the remaining cheese followed by the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.