Avocado and Goat Cheese Alfredo Pasta
from Closet Cooking
Avocado and goat cheese are a magical combination in this alfredo style pasta that will have you licking your bowl clean!Servings: 2Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 6 ounces linguine
- 1 large avocado, pureed
- 1/2 jalapeno (optional)
- 1 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk or half and half
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, puree the avocado, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice in a food processor or blender and set aside.
- Melt the butter in pan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cream, goat cheese and parmesan, simmer until the cheese has melted, mix in the avocado mixture and heat to warm.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and serve hot over the pasta garnished with more goat cheese, avocado and cilantro as desired.