Asparagus and feta quinoa cakes with plenty of fresh herbs.Servings: makes 2 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 25 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water or broth
- 1/2 pound asparagus, grated or processed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 handful dill, chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup flour (I like to use whole wheat, use rice flour for gluten free)
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- Simmer the quinoa in the water until the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes and let cool a bit.
- Mix the cooked quinoa with the asparagus, green onions, garlic, dill, parsley, eggs, flour, feta, salt and pepper, adding more flour if required.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan and form patties of any size that you desire and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side, and set aside on paper towels to drain.