Artichoke and Fava Bean Tagine from Closet Cooking
(makes 2 main dish servings or 4 side dish servings)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
1 cup artichoke hearts (quartered)
1 cup fava beans
1/4 cup green olives
1/2 preserved lemon (pith removed and chopped)
1/2 cup raisins
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon harissa
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup vegetable broth
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
1/4 cup mint (chopped)
1/4 cup almonds (toasted and chopped)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the artichoke hearts, fava beans, olives, preserved lemon, raisins, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, harissa, honey and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 10-20 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the parley and mint and garnish with chopped almonds.