Apricot and Ginger Muffins from Closet Cooking
(makes 12 muffins)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1 over ripe banana (mashed)
1/4 cup oil
3 tablespoons crytalized ginger (chopped)
2 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated)
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 apricots (stoned and cut in half)
1. Mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, yogurt, banana, oil, egg, crystalized ginger, fresh ginger and rolled oats in a bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
4. Spoon the mixture into a greased muffin pan.
5. Top each muffin with a half an apricot.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a toothpick pushed into the center of a muffin comes out clean, for about 25 minutes.