Almond Crescent Cookies by Closet Cooking
Almond-y buttery crescent shaped shortbread cookies covered in snowy icing sugar.
Servings: makes 24 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing/powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the almond extract, salt followed by the flour and then the nuts.
- Shape 1 tablespoon of dough at a time into crescent moons and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet one inch apart from each other.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until they just start to lightly brown, about 12-15 minutes.
- Sift the icing sugar over the still warm cookies.