Join Our Discussion

Project Updates‎ > ‎

ClockTHREE Funded at over 300%

posted Dec 19, 2010, 8:02 AM by Justin Shaw

We closed the funding phase of our project with over 300% funding from our Kickstarter project!  We will be making a few extra boards so if you missed your chance on Kickstarter, drop a line and we will get you fixed up.

We suffered a semi-major setback this week when, during testing of the light meter, the bottom half of the USA LED display quit working. Looking fruitlessly for a cause that could be traced back to the light meter took the better part of two days on both sides of the planet. The root cause is still undetermined, but the failure is being attributed to a short caused by a stray wire on the bench. As of a half hour ago, both prototypes are fully functioning.

While waiting for the replacement part to arrive, Anool finished the second prototype and started revising the schematics, and I've been writing several test routines so, if you are inclined to write software for ClockTHREE, you will have a large set of examples to get you up and running quickly. There are 14 test files currently, that cover everything from the array itself to the real-time clock interface, to the effects and text libraries.

We've opened a google code repository for tracking issues in both hardware and software. Follow along from home, browse the code, and track the issues.

Comments