A knol is an authoritative article about a specific topic.
The Knol project is a site that hosts many knols — units of knowledge —
written about various subjects. The authors of the knols can take
credit for their writing, provide credentials, and elicit reviews and
comments. Users can provide feedback, comments, and related
information. So the Knol project is a platform for sharing information,
with multiple cues that help you evaluate the quality and veracity of
Why Use Knol
Knol makes it easy for you to write and share your knowledge
with the world.
- Ease of use
All you need is an account, a name and a desire to write and we'll take care of the rest.
You specify the level of collaboration you want with the community. Your knol, your voice.
You can connect with other experts in your area of interest to share and grow knowledge.
We value and promote authorship. Great content will be visible on any search engine.
Sharing your knowledge with the world is rewarding for everyone.
How to Use Knol
Click on the areas below to learn more
- Creating and publishing a new knol
- Entering text into a new or existing knol
- Using the formatting bar
- Listing all of your knols
- Managing your author profile
- Managing versions of your knol
- Specifying settings for your knols
- Inserting Images
- Creating and formatting tables
- Creating links and references
- Working with the HTML source
- Changing your bio/profile
- Things to do
- Things to avoid
- Publishing tips for authors