Google Sites is the easiest way to make information accessible to
people who need quick, up-to-date access. People can work together on a
Site to add file attachments, information from other Google
applications (like Google Docs, Google Calendar, YouTube and Picasa),
and new free-form content. Creating a site together is as easy as
editing a document, and you always control who has access, whether it's
just yourself, your team, or your whole organization. You can even
publish Sites to the world. The Google Sites web application is
accessible from any internet connected computer.
Google Sites Overview
Google Sites Features Click here to access this original location of this content.
Click here to read the Google Sites Terms of Service
- Single-click page creation
- Creating a new page for your Google Site just takes the click of a button.
- No HTML required
- Creating a Google Site is as easy as editing a document, which means
there's no markup language for you to learn -- just get started.
- Make it your own
- Our customization options let you give your Google Site your own look and feel
- Get started with templates
- We offer a growing list of page types -- web page, announcements, file
cabinet, dashboard and list -- to help you get started with your Google
- Upload files and attachments
- Use the file cabinet to upload files up to 10MB in size. Each Google
Apps account receives at least 10GB of storage in Google Sites. Google
Apps Premier and Education editions get an additional 500MB for each
- Embed rich content
- Google Sites is integrated with other Google products, so you can
insert videos, docs, spreadsheets, presentations, photo slide shows,
and calendars directly onto your Google Sites pages.
- Work together and share
- Our permission settings let you designate owners, viewers and
collaborators (meaning they can edit pages) for your site. And you can
make your Google Sites available to just a few people, your entire
organization, or the world.
- Search with Google
- You can search across Google Sites pages and content using powerful
Google search technology. You'll find specific pages and documents
instantly, the same way you would on Google.com.
Creating a new site in Google Sites
Editing Pages in Google Sites
Embed Content in Google Sites
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vHACOdtMfbINOTE: You cannot embed non-Google gadgets into Google Sites at this time. You can, however, use a service called Widgetbox to create a new iGoogle gadget that you can embed into your site, Use these two screencasts to learn how to do this.
Display a Google Calendar in Google Sites
Add editors to a Google Site
Click here for more Google Sites videos