(14) Wang, Y., and Kang, C. Bettencourt, L.M. A., Yu L. and Andris, C. (2015) LinkedActivity Spaces: A New Approach for Spatializing Social Networks.Computational Approaches for Urban Environments, Springer. Ed. Helbich, M.,Arsanjani, J. and Leitner, M.
Findings--Friends use the city similarly, and you have a higher chance of running into a friend if you live in the suburbs. Method--mapping ellipse-shaped polygons of where people make/receive calls in Jiamusi China, and those of his or her phone call friends. Good for--if you have a geolocated social network and you want to learn more about who uses which parts of the city, and whether the city is set up for friendships.
(13) Andris, C. and Bettencourt, L. M. A. (2014) Development, Information and Social Connectivity in Côte d'Ivoire. Infrastructure Complexity 1(1).
Findings--Despite a devastating N-S Civil War, phone calls still connect N-S cities, moreso than E-W cities. Coastal cities host most of the calling. Method--mobile phone call flows from city to city. Good for--understanding a nationwide economic system.
(12) Andris, C. and Ferreira, J. (2014) Visualizing Commuting in Singapore. Environment and Planning A, 46(11). (feature graphic)
(11) Andris, C., Wittenbach, J. and Cowen, D. (2013) Support Vector Machine for Spatial Variation. Transactions in GIS, 17(1).
(10) Guo D., Zhu, X., Jin, H., Gao, P. and Andris, C. (2012) Discovering Spatial Patterns in Origin-Destination Mobility Data. Transactions in GIS, 16(3).
(9) Andris, C. Methods and Metrics for Social Distance. (2011) Doctoral Dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Dept. of Urban Studies and Planning.
(8) Andris, C., Halverson, S. and Hardisty, F.
(2011) Predicting migration dynamics with conditional and posterior
probabilities. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Spatial
Data Mining and Geographic Knowledge Discovery (ICDSM
Fujian, P. R. China, June 29-July 1, 2011. Pp. 192-197.
(7) Ratti, C., Sobolevsky, S., Calabrese, F., Andris, C., Reades, J.,
Martino, M., Claxton, R. and Strogatz, S. (2010) Redrawing the map of Great
Britain from a network of human interactions. PLoS ONE, 5(12).
L., Andris, C., and Ratti, C. (2010) Uncovering cabdriver’ behavior
patterns from their digital traces. CEUS: Computers, Engineering and Urban
(5) Martino, M., Calabrese, F.,
DiLorenzo, G., Andris, C., Liu, L. and Ratti, C. (2010) An ocean of
information: Fusing aggregate & individual dynamics for metropolitan areas.
ACM Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Intelligent
User Interfaces (IUI’10), Hong Kong, China February 7-10, 2010. Pp.
(4) Liu, L., Andris, C., Biderman, A. and Ratti, C. (2010) Revealing a
taxi driver’s mobility intelligence through his trace. In: Movement Aware
Applications for Sustainability Mobility: Technologies and Approaches, Ed.
Monica Wachowicz, Pp. 105-120.
(3) Andris, C., Biderman, A., Calabrese, F., Nabian,
N., and Ratti, C. (2009) City gravity. Seed Magazine, Feb. 2009, Pp.
24-26. (Authors listed alphabetically.)
(2) Andris, C. and Austin, T. (2009) Alternative
financing for schools. Land Development, 22(2).
(1) Andris, C. (2008) Interactive site suitability
modeling. ArcUser, 11(1).
Lee, D., Gunning, C. E., Hamilton, M. J., Martino, M., and Selden, J.
(2014) The Rise of Partisanship in the U.S.House of Representatives. (and the website)
Andris, C. Weighted Radial Variation for Node Feature Classification arXiv: 1102.4873v1 [physics.data-an]
C. (2012) Neighborhood Differentiation and Travel Patterns in
Singapore. Technical Report, Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and
Technology (SMART)- Future Urban Mobility Internal Research Group.
***[ask me for a copy, firstname.lastname@example.org. i'm happy to send.]