Friday July 22, 2011
Redfield Laboratory, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, 45 Water St., Woods Hole, MA
Climate Fair: 10am - 2:30pm, Redfield Lawn
Climate Talks: 11:30am - 1:30pm, Redfield Auditorium
Climate Fair: Get the FACTS:
There is something for all ages at the Climate Fair!
Hands-on activities; Informal discussions with scientists about their work and their thoughts on climate change; story telling, face painting, educational information, and information on town and local initiatives. If you would be interested in having a presence at the Climate Fair, please register
by Wednesday July 13.
Climate Talks: What does "Climate Change" mean to you?
Join us as we explore this question and hear from climate researchers and local specialists who will share the most important messages from their work and how they relate to the Falmouth community.
11:30pm - 1:30pm
45 Water Street, Woods Hole, MA
Introductory Remarks: George Woodwell, Woods Hole Research Center
Moderator: Heather Goldstone, Ph.D. and Science Journalist, WCAI/WGBH
- Diane Stanitski, NOAA: Observing our Ocean to Understand Climate
- Anne Cohen, WHOI: Ocean Acidification: Why should we care?
- Nathan Wilson, MBL, Center for Library and Informatics: Biodiversity Loss and Climate Change
- Rob Thieler, USGS: Sea Level Rise
- James Manning, NOAA/NMFS/NEFSC: Impact of Climate Change on Fisheries
- Megan Amsler, Cape Cod Self Reliance: Local Initiatives that strengthen community
- Tom Stone, WHRC: Green Space on Cape Cod and Sustainable Building Design
- New England Climate Summer Interns: Cycling for Change - our trip to Falmouth
Bike Clinic & Informal TGIF
4pm - 6pm
- Visit with New England Climate Summer Cyclers and others who like getting around on two wheels - or who want to do more of it.
who bike regularly, or have alternative cycles, ie recumbent, folding,
motorized bikes are especially encouraged to attend.
- If you've not been cycling because your bike needs some work, this is your chance to get it going or learn about basic bike maintenance.
- Bring your own drink and/or snack - if you want.