I'm a senior lecturer and decra fellow at the university of western australia and a humboldt fellow at the university of tübingen. I work on topics in the philosophy of language, philosophy of mind, and metaphysics. before coming to perth I worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the university of oslo.
I did my phd at the australian national university under the supervision of david chalmers (chair), frank jackson, daniel nolan, and jonathan schaffer. in my leisure time, I enjoy the thrill of cooking, baking, and gardening. I'm married to astghik mavisakalyan. we have two children.
a puzzle about first-person imagination (unpublished manuscript)
first-person imagination and illusions about the self. (unpublished manuscript)
being at the centre: self-location in thought and language in: about oneself: de se thought and communication. m. garcia-carpintero & s. torre (eds.), OUP, 2016.
talking in the present, caring for the future: language and environment. journal of comparative economics 2018, vol 46. (with astghik mavisakalyan and yashar tarverdi).
7. indexical beliefs and communication: against stalnaker on self-location. philosophy and phenomenological research, 2015, vol. 90 (local file).
9. epistemic two-dimensionalism and arguments from epistemic misclassification. australasian journal of philosophy 2013, vol. 91 (local file) (with edward elliott and kelvin mcqueen).
10. eternalism and propositional multitasking: in defence of the operator argument. synthese 2012, vol. 189 (local file).
11. semantic values, beliefs, and belief reports. proceedings of gap7 2012, ISBN 978-3-00-036440-2
12. review of robert stalnaker: our knowledge of the internal world. disputatio 2008, vol. 25.
self in mind: perspectives on self and self-representation. perth november 25 & 26, 2019.
the problem of the de se: perspectives from linguistics and philosophy. oslo march 9 & 10, 2017.
school of philosophy, university of western australia
35 stirling highway, 6009 crawley, australia
tel: +61 8 6488 3234; email: clas.weber @ uwa.edu.au