Interior decorating ideas for small spaces : Bridal shower table decorations : Decorative window panes
Interior Decorating Ideas For Small Spaces
- (interior decoration) decoration consisting of the layout and furnishings of a livable interior
- Interior design is a multi-faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied within a structure to achieve a built interior environment.
- A concept or mental impression
- (idea) a personal view; "he has an idea that we don't like him"
- (idea) the content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about; "it was not a good idea"; "the thought never entered my mind"
- An opinion or belief
- A thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action
- (idea) mind: your intention; what you intend to do; "he had in mind to see his old teacher"; "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
interior decorating ideas for small spaces - Big Ideas
Big Ideas For Small Spaces: Featuring JoJo's Notebook from JoAnn Liebeler
Small can be beautiful, as this new title from Sunset so aptly demonstrates. Particularly when we’re referring to today’s smaller homes, condos, and apartments. Whether you’re just starting out, retiring, or living in a dense metropolis, you can make the most out of limited square footage by applying professional design principles to create the illusion of more space. These Big Ideas offer inventive, attainable solutions, plus recommendations for products that help maximize smaller interiors.
* Readers from all walks of life will benefit from this timely volume on how to maximize limited space, beautifully
* Space-saving floor plans by home-improvement expert JoJo Liebeler are located throughout
* Nearly 300 photos illustrate how to use insider design techniques to eliminate that "small room" feeling
* Special section on products designed to improve the appearance and functionality of smaller spaces
Dark kitchen cabinets: Pratt & Lambert 'Flint' in California bungalow
The kitchen of a California bungalow designed by Chad Eisner. Cabinets are painted Flint by Pratt & Lambert. "My clients joke that they can burn water, so the kitchen is really set up primarily for entertaining, with that big table as the buffet," Eisner says. "We tried a center island, but it looked like a behemoth. Then we found that table. It had been used by an artist and came with lots of scars, which is why no one ever has to worry about staining or cutting it. The built-in millwork and the surrounding cabinets are the same dark color we used throughout the house." Fixtures are from Waterworks. Photo by Karyn R. Miller, House Beautiful.
Ideas for small spaces: New sofa + symmetry in Rashida Jones' NYC studio
A new sofa does so much, doesn’t it? When Rashida Jones made over her 400 square-foot New York studio, she replaced her tired slipcovered couch with a pretty English three-seater (one of my favorite styles). And symmetry is key in a small space: centering the sofa between two shelves creates a comfy nook with a sense of order. Photo by Paul Costello, Domino, February 2008.
interior decorating ideas for small spaces
Living in a small space is no excuse for cramped quarters or a lack of style. This handy guide provides instructions on making the most of available space and demonstrates how careful consideration and a unique approach can turn any room into a luxurious accommodation. Clever design strategies that clear up usable floor area and produce better spatial quality are included along with a slew of tried and tested ways to making a small space appear bigger through the use of decoration and furnishings.