1) Why did Tim's father have to keep the Tory newspaper, The Rivington Gazette hidden?
2) How did the war affect the people of Redding, CT, in the summer of 1775? How did this have an affect on whether they
wanted to side with the Patriots or the Loyalists?
3) In your opinion, what were the major differences between Sam and Tim?
4) In your opinion, how different was Sam from Father? Why?
5) Why was it so important for Betsy Read to help Sam?
6) Why do you think the author devoted half a page to describing nature on page 45? Authors have choices about what they
include in their stories. What do you think the reason was for doing this?
- The American Revolution, Month by Month
- The Politics and Economics of the Colonies
- Online Game: Road to Revolution