City Hall‎ > ‎


    City Hall must be contacted by anyone considering construction on a home, business, garage, utility shed, fencing, etc. before construction can begin. All forms on this page are in PDF format and can be printed from this site or are available at City Hall. The zoning officer must also be contacted for matters pertaining to zoning, utility hook-ups, excavation and other matters relating to construction. Kansas One Call is the underground utility notification center for the state of Kansas and should be contacted to locate and identify any utilities. The number to call is simply 811, which will route you directly to a Kansas One-Call Center operator.

Termination of Service
Community Center ApplicationMoving StructureUtility Service
Community Center ChecklistPlumbingWater
Community Center RulesPlumbing LicenseWiring
ComplaintRead Out of Service
Electrical LicenseSewer  

There will be a code inspection of the city in the very near future. If your property condition has gotten away from you this winter, then now is the time to bring it up to code. If you are a property owner and choose not to pick up, put away, or haul off, then you will receive an Official Notice to do so. All violations then will be turned over to the city attorney for prosecution.

 Dog Licensing

    City ordinance states that all dogs, even those kept inside your residence, are required to have a license, a current rabies vaccination and be on record at City Hall. The fee for the license is $5.00 per year if purchased prior to February 15th, after that the fee increases to $10.00. Licenses can be purchased at City Hall.

Alma Dog Ordinance states that dogs cannot be left outside unattended or tethered on a leash or chain. All outside dogs must be kept in a suitable pen. For more information on this see Ordinance Chapter II, Article 2-116.

Also, please remember that there is a leash law in effect within city limits, and that no Pit Bulls are allowed.

-A couple freindly reminders from Marshal Falk:

Also, all dog owners within the city limits of Alma, have the following responsibilities:

All dogs must have a City Dog Tag
All dogs must be kept in a dog pen, if kept outside
All dogs must be kept on a leash when not in a pen and kept in control by their owner
All dogs, if kept outside in a pen, must have adequate shelter, food and water
All dog pens must be kept clean and odor free
If a dog is found running loose and the owner is known, the owner will receive a $50.00 fine plus a court cost of $19.50. If the dog owner is not known, the dog will be picked up and transported to the Helping Hands Humane Society in Topeka. If a dog owner is not known and every attempt to pick up the dog has been made, the dog will be destroyed according to City ordinance.

When walking your dog, please don't let your dog do it's business on other people's property, city light poles, alleys, or sidewalks. Obviously, sometimes it’s uncontrollable. So carry a bag, pick it up and dispose of it in the proper manner.