First watch weather station : Bulova watch : Watch batteries 377.

First Watch Weather Station

first watch weather station
    weather station
  • a location equipped with instruments to measure and record data about weather features such as air pressure, humidity, wind speed, temperature, and precipitation.
  • meteorological observation post: one of a network of observation posts where meteorological data is recorded
  • An observation post where weather conditions and meteorological data are observed and recorded
  • A weather station is a facility with instruments and equipment for observing atmospheric conditions to provide information for weather forecasts and to study the weather and climate.
    first watch
  • First Watch is the first official album of Christian rock band Guardian. It was released in 1989 by Enigma Records and produced by Stryper's guitarist, Oz Fox.
  • The four-hour watch between 8 p.m. and midnight.

1928 The Charfield railway disaster Mystery
1928 The Charfield railway disaster Mystery
The Charfield railway disaster was a fatal train crash which occurred on 13 October 1928 in the village of Charfield in the English county of Gloucestershire. The Leeds to Bristol LMS night mail train failed to stop at the signals protecting the sidings at Charfield railway station. The weather was misty, but there was not a sufficiently thick fog for the signalman at Charfield to employ fog signallers. A freight train was in the process of being shunted from the main line to the sidings, and another train of empty goods waggons was passing through the station from the Bristol direction. The mail train collided with the freight train and was derailed, coming into collision with the up train underneath the road bridge to the north of the station. Gas used to light the carriages ignited, and four carriages were burnt out. Intense fire made identification of the dead, and even a complete body count, difficult, but it is believed that 15 people died and a further 23 were injured. (The official report lists 16 deaths and 41 injuries). The driver of the mail train claimed that he had seen a clear distant signal on approach to the station, and therefore had assumed that the home signals protecting the station were also clear; however, testing of the signals after the accident confirmed that the distant had been correctly in the "danger" position. The driver was charged with manslaughter, but was subsequently acquitted. Among the dead were the remains of two small children, who have never been identified. According to local accounts, from 1929 and up until the late 1950s, an unknown woman dressed in black used to regularly visit the memorial to the crash. But she has not been seen for several decades. There is a memorial to remember those who lost their lives at St James Church in Charfield, where the two unknown children are buried. We delve into a new fictionalised account of a mystery that had never been solved –the identity of two children who died in a horrific rail crash 80 years ago The tragedy happened one foggy October morning in 1928. The mail express train from Leeds to Bristol was due to pass through the South Gloucestershire village of Charfield at about 5.30am On board the steam train – hurtling along at more than 60mph – more than 50 passengers were either dozing or sleeping. The signalman accepted the train down from Berkeley junction but moved another signal to danger to halt it until a freight train on the same line had reversed into sidings. But in the thick fog both driver and fireman on the express read the distant signal as clear. The goods train driver had almost cleared the line when he saw the mail train bearing down on him at full speed. There was no stopping the tragedy. The express crashed into a goods tender and then ploughed off the line to hit another empty goods train head on. In the chaos a coach was thrown over a bridge. But worse was to follow. As the engine fell on its side among the splintered wagons, hot ashes spilled from the firebox. And as pipes fractured in the impact, so the gas which fuelled lights in the old fashioned coaches escaped. Contact with the hot ashes soon turned the wrecked coaches into an inferno. Among the chaos, passengers who had scrambled clear made frantic efforts to free those trapped by the fire. But within 20 minutes flames were leaping up f40ft and the rescuers – many from the village itself – were driven back by the fierce heat. Despite the heroic efforts of the emergency services, it was many hours before anyone could begin the unenviable task of sifting through the smouldering wreckage. Many of the victims – 15 people had died – were so badly burned that identification was almost impossible. In many cases it was only a ring, a watch or an item of clothing that enabled the authorities to put a name to a body. Despite their best efforts, two small bodies remained unidentified and unclaimed. "It's an intriguing tale," says retired Yorkshire teacher Nick Blackstock, the author of Something Hidden, a fictional account of the mystery. "I first came across it about 20 years ago when I was reading the memoirs of a retired coroner. "Describing his most intriguing inquest, he then stated that it wasn't as mysterious as the case of the two unidentified children killed in a Gloucestershire rail crash. "That was it. "Casting around for a new topic to write about the Charfield mystery jumped to the forefront of my mind. "I had always thought that it would make a fascinating basis for a novel. "As well as using the British Library at Boston Spa, I also visited the region from time to time – including the memorial to the dead in Charfield churchyard. "I knew that Gloucester public library had quite a bit of original material – newspapers etc – but I decided not to go down that route as I was writing a novel, not an account of the tragedy. "Since everyone who
Jungfraujoch station
Jungfraujoch station
From thanks to Wikipedia: The Jungfraujoch is a col or saddle between the Monch and the Jungfrau in the Bernese Alps on the boundary between the cantons of Bern and Valais, inside the Jungfrau-Aletsch Protected Area. Strictly, the Jungfraujoch is the lowest point on the mountain ridge between Monch and Jungfrau, at 3,471 meters (11,388 ft). It is just above this location that the mountain station of Jungfraubahn is located, Jungfraujoch railway station, which at an elevation of 3,454 meters (11,332 ft) is the highest railway station in Europe. The Jungfraujoch is often called the "Top of Europe" in tourist literature. The Sphinx (3,571 meters (11,716 ft)) is a peak that lies just to the east of the col. It begins from the Jungfraujoch on the Valais side and at the Great Aletsch Glacier. There is an elevator to its summit, where a small viewing platform and a scientific observatory, the Sphinx Observatory, are located. Europe's highest radio relay station, the Richtfunkstation Jungfraujoch, is installed atop the ridge to the west of the railway station. The Jungfraujoch houses one of the Global Atmosphere Watch's atmospheric research stations. The Jungfraujoch can only be reached through a 7.3 km long cog railway tunnel, served by the Jungfraubahn, the highest in a series of cooperating railway companies that provide access to the Jungfraujoch from Interlaken. First crossing There is a tradition in the Bernese Oberland, supported by some documentary evidence, that a practicable pass existed between Grindelwald and Fiesch in Valais, some four or five centuries ago, before the great increase of the glaciers blocked it. In modern times the old pass had been altogether discussed, and its precise position is a matter of uncertainty. Since a hotel on the Eggishorn has been frequented by English mountaineers, the practicability of traversing the great ridge that encloses the head of the Aletsch Glacier, and so connecting the Eggishorn with Grindelwald and the Wengern Alp, has become at once a matter of practical interest, and a topographical problem which has excited to the utmost the emulation of adventurous mountaineers. The result has been, that no less than four such passes have been effected. Two of the number — the Jungfraujoch and the Eigerjoch — may be counted among the most difficult passes in the Alps. There was no serious attempt to climb the northern side of the Jungfraujoch until some adventurous members of the Alpine Club were emboldened by the success of an almost equally hopelesslooking enterprise, the passage of the Eigerjoch. Two separate parties, intent upon the same design, happened to meet in Grindelwald in July 1862, and resolved to join their forces for the climb. The successful party consisted of Leslie Stephen, F. J. Hardy, H. B. George, Liveing, Moore, and Morgan, with Christian Almer, Christian and Peter Michel, Ulrich Kauffmann, P. Baumann, and C. Bohren, as guides. As on many other difficult expeditions, the two first guides especially distinguished themselves. The party having been forced to return on the first day for want of the means for bridging over a great bergschrund, returned on the following day with a ladder 25 ft. in length, borne by Peter Rubi, a porter from Grindelwald. The way lay at first by the rocky buttress of the Monch, separating the Eiger and Guggi Glaciers. From the buttress it was necessary to descend a little in order to reach the Guggi Glacier, which could be ascended without meeting serious obstacles as far as a considerable plateau, scarcely seen from the Wengern Alp. This haltingplace, reached in about 3 hours, was located immediately under the most difficult and dangerous part of the ascent. In front a pile of ice debris, lying along the base of a high ledge of rocks, seemed to offer a possible route; but the debris was produced by the fall of masses of ice from an upper shelf of glacier, and an attempt to ascend in that direction was found to be not only highly dangerous, but beset with insurmountable obstacles. To the right the glacier descended in shattered masses, divided by yawning crevasses. The impending towers and pinnacles, along and around which it was necessary to climb or creep by steps hewn with the ice-axe momentarily threaten the climbers with destruction; and the frequent recurrence of crumbling blocks of ice proved the fragility of the material and the frequency of avalanches. Towards the summit was a great bergschrund, in most places 30 ft. wide, traversing the whole width of the glacier, and impassable without a long ladder. The Monchsjoch Hut trail Above the bergschrund was a second and smaller plateau which was situated immediately under the long slopes of broken neve that lay below the col. Fully 2 hours were needed to reach this from the lower plateau. Here there was a clear view of the last very arduous stage in the ascent, a single patch of dark rocks jutted out from the snow in the ridge connecting the Jungfrau wi

first watch weather station
Related topics:
buy watch battery
casio watches stores
cheap plastic watches
watches for womens
nurses fob watch
mens big face watches
armitron sport watch instructions