CCL NH Home
Citizens' Climate Lobby - New Hampshire
CCL's Carbon Fee and Dividend climate solution will:
Rapidly reduce carbon dioxide emissions,
Protect low and middle-income household purchasing power,
Create millions of new jobs, and
Reduce air and water pollution.
We just need a little of your help to make it happen.
Citizens Climate Lobby (CCL) is a national grassroots nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to create the political will to address climate change from fossil fuel use in the US and around the world.
We are citizens speaking up for a livable world by promoting a beneficial, equitable, and efficient climate solution that has a global reach. Our approach is nonpartisan, respectful, polite, and persistent. We are working to create the political will for climate solutions through outreach to citizens and building relationships and trust with local leaders, businesses, and elected officials, making personal connections through shared values and goals. Our solution does not raise taxes or grow government, so every citizen and every member of Congress can support it. It is effective: it will reduce emissions rapidly to help achieve the IPCC's Paris Climate Accord goals.
- Congress has introduced a bipartisan bill with our policy!
- Read more about it (and endorse it): EnergyInnocationAct.org
- Send Congress a mail to tell them you support it: cclusa.org/write
- Canada has legislated our policy. It went into effect on April 1, 2019, and Prime Minister Trudeau's re-election says a lot about Canadians' desire for effective, bipartisan climate solutions! Go Canada!!!
An independent study by Regional Economic Modeling Inc. concluded that Carbon Fee and Dividend will result in the following benefits in the first 20 years:
- Reduction of over 50% of CO2 emissions, and declining rapidly afterward
- Creation of 2.8 million jobs (net) across the economy
- Addition of $1.375 trillion in GDP
Carbon Fee and Dividend works by gradually correcting the broken energy market, to let efficient free market forces drive the investment, business, and consumer changes required. It does this by putting a steadily increasing fee on fossil fuel production at the source (well, mine, port of entry) based on greenhouse gas emissions, and returning all the money collected (minus administration costs) as a dividend to all American households on an equal basis each month. This dividend results in low-income households coming out ahead, and most other households breaking even. The additional spending by low-income households this enables will grow the economy and jobs. Border adjustment tariffs are applied as necessary to normalize production costs on imports and exports with countries that do not have a comparable price on carbon emissions, thereby protecting US jobs and strongly motivating the rest of the world to do the same. This solution is supported by leading climate scientists and economists as an effective, efficient approach.
If you want to become more involved, join us and you will be connected with your local CCL chapter. You can also learn more about CCL by joining a Wednesday evening live introductory call: cclusa.org/intro.
About CCL NH
We are students, professionals, parents, retirees and others volunteering with Citizens Climate Lobby. New Hampshire has a lot to gain from retaining the climate we know including a predictable water supply, stable coastline, livable summers, good ski seasons, a healthy maple syrup industry, and brilliant fall foliage. We also have a lot to gain from switching our energy source from fossil fuels to clean energy alternatives, including stabilizing and in the long-run reducing energy prices, keeping more of what we spend on energy in state, and creation of local clean energy manufacturing, installation, repair, and energy efficiency jobs.
Clean energy jobs will be a leading source of growth this century. The countries and states who make the best initial investments in this area will be leaders for decades to come. For example, as coal jobs continue to decline, solar-energy jobs are growing 12 times as fast as the US economy.
Citizens Climate Lobby has over 130,000 volunteers in over 500 local chapters across the US and around the world. The CCL NH chapters are our local effort in New Hampshire to help build the political will to enable Citizens' Climate Lobby's goal to protect our climate and our future by enacting federal Carbon Fee and Dividend legislation.
Find us on Facebook: CitizensClimateLobbyNH
CCL NH Mission
- Build a community and make connections between NH citizens concerned about climate change from fossil fuel use.
- Help our state leaders anticipate a carbon pricing policy at the national level, and make strategic energy bets today that will pay dividends for residents and businesses in the state in the future.
- Identify and act on opportunities for outreach to spread knowledge about (and gain vocal support for) the Carbon Fee and Dividend solution to address climate change.
- Motivate civic, business, and local government engagement on the issue of climate change from fossil fuel use, and collect endorsements for carbon pricing principles in general or carbon fee and dividend federal legislation in particular.
- Lobby Congress directly to prepare and enable them to pass Carbon Fee and Dividend legislation this year.
- Reach and retain 20+ active chapter members in each chapter.
- Grow citizen engagement on climate change in New Hampshire and create new CCL groups to service smaller, regional areas throughout the state.