Today's class is going to introduce you to outside resources and how to get more practice in your programming skills.
- Split into teams of 4.
- Sign up for an account on CodeWars.com (each team member, not as a group.
- Each team member will self-assess and choose a skill level which they thing accurately represents them.
- Once everyone is signed up, the professor will mark the beginning of the race.
- Starting with the person with the most beginner level chosen, being completing exercises in the CodeKata website one person at a time.
- Team members can cheer on their team mates, but cannot offer answers or advice to the student.
- Once one team member has finished that exercise, shout your team name and rank so the teacher can record the leaderboard. Then, move to the next "lowest" and continue.
- Go in 15-minute timed rounds, with the team scoring the highest in 15 minutes declared the winner.
- At the end of the evening, the team with the highest score (most exercises solved) gets 5 points extra credit in the class for each student on the team.
The RSS feed data for the regex example can be found below: