Date Established: April 2011
Supervisor: Pastor of Christ’s Foundry United Methodist Mission (CF)
About Christ’s Foundry United Methodist
Mission (CF): CF is a holistic Christian mission in the North Love
Field neighborhood in Dallas, Texas. The neighborhood is predominately
immigrants from Spanish-speaking countries. CF serves as both a community
center and a worship center to the community.
Relationship to Mission: The mission of Christ’s Foundry UMM is to make disciples of Jesus Christ through helping: children, youth, and families. In our Wesleyan tradition, helping others is a means of grace. The DD of CF contributes to the mission through connecting donors to the transformational ministries of Christ’s Foundry. The ministry of the Development Director is as much a ministry for the recipients as it is for the donors, for in giving we are blessed in participating in God’s work in Christ’s Foundry.
Duties, responsibilities, and authority:
1. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelors degree preferred but not required.
2. Must be proficient in the English language. Ability to converse in Spanish is preferred but not required.
3. Proven success or track record in fund raising and marketing for an organization.
4. Experience in working with donors, preferably in the Dallas area.
5. Experience as a Development Director, Assistant Development Director, or in the field of fund raising preferred.
6. Christ’s Foundry currently receives over half of her funding from 15 supporting United Methodist congregations, their individual members, and from the North Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church. Experience in working with United Methodist pastors or churches is preferred but not required.
7. Experience at setting meetings and coordinating schedules.
8. Grant writing skills and experience in working with granting organizations.
9. Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, and Constant Contact.
10. Must be a self-starter with skills in taking initiative to birth and develop programs and initiatives.
11. Must work well as a team for much of the work responsibilities will be shared and coordinated with the staff of CF.
Job location: CF has begun construction on a 12,000 sq.ft. property in the heart of the North Love Field Community, on the corner of Park Ln. and Webb Chapel in Dallas, TX. This project is scheduled for completion in December 2011. This will eventually be the primary location of the work. However, the majority of the work can be done from any location with a cell phone and internet. Location of immediate office space will be negotiated. Sundays mornings will generally be spent in various congregations. Frequent attendance at Christ’s Foundry worship and activities to build relationships with the community will be helpful. Time will also be spent visiting community leaders, service providers, donors, pastors, congregations, granting agencies, and leaders in the church and nonprofit community.
In Brief: Christ’s Foundry United Methodist Mission (CF) seeks a Development Director. CF is a holistic mission, serving as both a community and worship center for Spanish-speaking immigrants living in the north Love Field neighborhood. More information about CF and for a expanded description of the position, visit www.ChristsFoundry.org. To apply for the position please send your resume to: pastor@ChristsFoundry.org When submitting your resume, please also include your salary requirements. No phone calls please.