- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- period extending from Dec. 24 to Jan. 6
- "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" is a song by Darlene Love from the 1963 Christmas compilation album, A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector.
- The period immediately before and after December 25
- The annual Christian festival celebrating Christ's birth, held on December 25 in the Western Church
- a Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Christ; a quarter day in England, Wales, and Ireland
- A dispute or conflict
- to make the subject of dispute, contention, or litigation; "They contested the outcome of the race"
- an occasion on which a winner is selected from among two or more contestants
- An event in which people compete for supremacy in a sport, activity, or particular quality
- a struggle between rivals
- A competition for a political position
- A room, set of rooms, or building used as a place for commercial, professional, or bureaucratic work
- The local center of a large business
- place of business where professional or clerical duties are performed; "he rented an office in the new building"
- agency: an administrative unit of government; "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
- A room, department, or building used to provide a particular service
- function: the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group; "the function of a teacher"; "the government must do its part"; "play its role"
- Used to refer to the distance from one building in a row to another
- A hinged, sliding, or revolving barrier at the entrance to a building, room, or vehicle, or in the framework of a cupboard
- A doorway
- a swinging or sliding barrier that will close the entrance to a room or building or vehicle; "he knocked on the door"; "he slammed the door as he left"
- doorway: the entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building; the space that a door can close; "he stuck his head in the doorway"
- anything providing a means of access (or escape); "we closed the door to Haitian immigrants"; "education is the door to success"
christmas office door decorating contest - The Contest
Two robbers, Hmayag and Hrahad, meet by accident under a pomegranate tree, each having decided it was time for lunch. To their amazement, they find their bokhjahs contain identical lunches. It does not take long before they discover that they are engaged to the same girl, Ehleezah, who, of course, prepared the food for each of them.
Since neither robber is willing to give her up, they agree to hold a contest with Ehleezah as the prize. The one who proves himself the cleverer at his trade will be the winner. The resulting trials are truly a test of theives. But the outcome is not what the robbers had intended, nor does the story end as the reader might expect.
Nonny Hogrogian has used the intricate, highly decorative motifs of Oriental rugs to frame her pictures, and has placed brilliant black and white drawings to create a dazzling stage set for Hmayag's and Hrahad's good-natured rivalry and skillful sleight of hand.
Door: Peace on Earth
Another from the office holiday door decorating contest.
Door: Christmas Traditions
Another entry in the holiday door decorating contest.