Completed Spring 2010
Methods of evaluating library and information center policies, processes and procedures; use of evaluation in planning for continuous quality assessment and improvement.
Student Learning Objectives Upon successful completion of this course, a student should be able to:
- Identify, analyze, and synthesize professional research literature effectively to support evaluation activities;
- Articulate the commonalities and differences between research and evaluation and the uses of each in library administration;
- Identify appropriate measures and methodologies for evaluation of library services, products, and administrative functions;
- Plan and implement evaluation activities;
- Utilize evaluation outcomes in planning and management;
- Present evaluation results to diverse audiences; and
- Recognize the value of evidence-based research and practice.
Samples of course assignments are attached below.