SURVEYING EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURERS - SURVEYING EQUIPMENT

Surveying equipment manufacturers - Outdoor plastic play equipment - German army equipment.

Surveying Equipment Manufacturers


surveying equipment manufacturers
    surveying equipment
  • (Last edited: Friday, 13 November 2009, 11:51 AM)
    manufacturers
  • (manufacture) industry: the organized action of making of goods and services for sale; "American industry is making increased use of computers to control production"
  • (manufacture) create or produce in a mechanical way; "This novelist has been manufacturing his books following his initial success"
  • A person or company that makes goods for sale
  • (manufacture) put together out of artificial or natural components or parts; "the company fabricates plastic chairs"; "They manufacture small toys"; He manufactured a popular cereal"
surveying equipment manufacturers - The Grouting
The Grouting Handbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Heavy Equipment Grouting (Civil and Mechanical Engineering)
The Grouting Handbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Heavy Equipment Grouting (Civil and Mechanical Engineering)
Based on twenty years of research and field experience, this book collects a vast amount of information into a handy reference for mechanical and civil engineers. It focuses on four basic elements of grouting: load carrying capability of the foundation soil; mass design, concrete mix and installation, and curing procedures of the foundation; anchor bolts; and the grout. From the ground up, this book takes you step by step through the grouting process. Clear, straightforward directions give you details on preparing the foundation and surface, and selecting the best material and method. Comprehensive yet concise, this is a convenient handbook for veteran and rookie engineers alike.

86% (12)
Keuffel & Esser Company Building
Keuffel & Esser Company Building
Financial District, Manhattan The 8-story Keuffel & Esser Co. Building was constructed in 1892-93 to the design of De Lemos & Cordes as the general offices and salesrooms for the firm that imported and manufactured drawing materials, drafting tools, and mathematical and surveying equipment. The richly-detailed Renaissance Revival style primary facade on Fulton Street has a tripartite division: a 2-story, arched cast-iron storefront that bears the firms name and representations of its products; and buff brick- and terracotta-clad upper stories, with the midsection having a recessed monumental round-arched window capped by a foliated sculptural relief of a knights helmet, shield, and winged orb, and the upper section featuring a 2-story angled metal window bay and culminating in a decorative cornice and balustrade. There is a secondary articulated fa ade on Ann Street. Theodore W. E. De Lemos & August W. Cordes, born and educated in Germany, established their firm in 1884 and were active within New Yorks German-American community, becoming noted for commercial structures and large department stores. The Keuffel & Esser Co., the first American company solely devoted to drawing and drafting materials, was founded in 1867 on Nassau Street by two other German emigres, Wilhelm J. D. Keuffel and Herman Esser. Early on, the firm was successful and continually expanded, tentatively starting manufacture in 1870, opening a retail store in 1872, moving to 127 Fulton Street in 1878, and constructing a factory in Hoboken, N.J., in 1880-81. K&E introduced imported slide rules in 1880, began their first American manufacture in 1891, and became the nations foremost producer. Herman Esser was bought out in 1902, and the firm remained privately owned and managed by the Keuffel family until 1965. K&E played a nationally significant role in the technological development of the United States, both as a leading manufacturer of drafting equipment, surveying instruments, and related products, and as the developer of continually advanced systems, until the 1980s. This building, which remained in use by K&E for nearly seven decades, is one of the best-preserved and distinguished of the smaller late-19th-century office buildings in the area of lower Manhattan between the financial district and City Hall. Fulton Street Fa ade The 8-story Keuffel & Esser Co. Buildings primary fa ade features a tripartite division. The upper stories are clad in buff brick and terra cotta, the entire upper facade ornamented by diamond-pattern terra-cotta banding. Original sash and frames were bronze kalomein (removed on the midsection in 1947). Base The base has an historic 2-story, arched cast-iron storefront, framed by slender colonettes, with spandrels bearing small shields with the firms initials and representations of its products. The storefronts entablature bears the firms name and two plaques with the address number 127. The 2nd story has single-pane arched windows. Originally, there was a deeply inset entrance surmounted by a curved, projecting iron balcony (removed in 1947) and large show windows. Within the historic storefront are a non-historic upstairs entrance with metal-and-glass doors and a transom; and a non-historic metal-and-glass storefront with double doors with a transom and a rolldown gate. An awning has been placed over the ground story. Midsection The midsection has a transitional third story with a rectangular central tripartite window with transoms, framed by decorative moldings and lintel, which is flanked by narrow windows with transoms, voussoirs, and keystones. The third story is capped by a cornice with a projecting corbeled ledge, and is surmounted by a recessed monumental (two-story) round-arched window with multiple outer panes (originally with a circle pattern), decorative spandrel, molded enframement, and reveals with rosettes. This window is capped by a foliated sculptural relief of a knights helmet, shield, and winged orb, and is flanked by narrow windows with iron grilles (which are rounded on the 5th story); the 5th-story windows have pedimented lintels bearing the dates 1867 and 1892. The section is capped by a bracketed cornice with rosettes. Upper Section The upper section, flanked by Ionic pilasters, features a 2-story angled metal window bay with ornamental pilasters and spandrel and one-over-one windows (one upper sash on the 7th story has original leaded glass). The 7th story culminates in a decorative cornice with rosettes and a tall balustrade flanked by shields and surmounted by end finials. The building sets back with a terrace on the 8th story. The recessed portion of the building has rectangular windows. East Facade The east facade, clad in red brick, has been painted and parged on the Fulton Street portion and the lower portion along Ann Street. It is pierced by windows in the center. West Facade The west facade, clad in red brick, has bee
Keuffel & Esser Company Building
Keuffel & Esser Company Building
Ann Street Facade, Financial District, Manhattan Financial District, Manhattan The 8-story Keuffel & Esser Co. Building was constructed in 1892-93 to the design of De Lemos & Cordes as the general offices and salesrooms for the firm that imported and manufactured drawing materials, drafting tools, and mathematical and surveying equipment. The richly-detailed Renaissance Revival style primary facade on Fulton Street has a tripartite division: a 2-story, arched cast-iron storefront that bears the firms name and representations of its products; and buff brick- and terracotta-clad upper stories, with the midsection having a recessed monumental round-arched window capped by a foliated sculptural relief of a knights helmet, shield, and winged orb, and the upper section featuring a 2-story angled metal window bay and culminating in a decorative cornice and balustrade. There is a secondary articulated fa ade on Ann Street. Theodore W. E. De Lemos & August W. Cordes, born and educated in Germany, established their firm in 1884 and were active within New Yorks German-American community, becoming noted for commercial structures and large department stores. The Keuffel & Esser Co., the first American company solely devoted to drawing and drafting materials, was founded in 1867 on Nassau Street by two other German emigres, Wilhelm J. D. Keuffel and Herman Esser. Early on, the firm was successful and continually expanded, tentatively starting manufacture in 1870, opening a retail store in 1872, moving to 127 Fulton Street in 1878, and constructing a factory in Hoboken, N.J., in 1880-81. K&E introduced imported slide rules in 1880, began their first American manufacture in 1891, and became the nations foremost producer. Herman Esser was bought out in 1902, and the firm remained privately owned and managed by the Keuffel family until 1965. K&E played a nationally significant role in the technological development of the United States, both as a leading manufacturer of drafting equipment, surveying instruments, and related products, and as the developer of continually advanced systems, until the 1980s. This building, which remained in use by K&E for nearly seven decades, is one of the best-preserved and distinguished of the smaller late-19th-century office buildings in the area of lower Manhattan between the financial district and City Hall. Fulton Street Fa ade The 8-story Keuffel & Esser Co. Buildings primary fa ade features a tripartite division. The upper stories are clad in buff brick and terra cotta, the entire upper facade ornamented by diamond-pattern terra-cotta banding. Original sash and frames were bronze kalomein (removed on the midsection in 1947). Base The base has an historic 2-story, arched cast-iron storefront, framed by slender colonettes, with spandrels bearing small shields with the firms initials and representations of its products. The storefronts entablature bears the firms name and two plaques with the address number 127. The 2nd story has single-pane arched windows. Originally, there was a deeply inset entrance surmounted by a curved, projecting iron balcony (removed in 1947) and large show windows. Within the historic storefront are a non-historic upstairs entrance with metal-and-glass doors and a transom; and a non-historic metal-and-glass storefront with double doors with a transom and a rolldown gate. An awning has been placed over the ground story. Midsection The midsection has a transitional third story with a rectangular central tripartite window with transoms, framed by decorative moldings and lintel, which is flanked by narrow windows with transoms, voussoirs, and keystones. The third story is capped by a cornice with a projecting corbeled ledge, and is surmounted by a recessed monumental (two-story) round-arched window with multiple outer panes (originally with a circle pattern), decorative spandrel, molded enframement, and reveals with rosettes. This window is capped by a foliated sculptural relief of a knights helmet, shield, and winged orb, and is flanked by narrow windows with iron grilles (which are rounded on the 5th story); the 5th-story windows have pedimented lintels bearing the dates 1867 and 1892. The section is capped by a bracketed cornice with rosettes. Upper Section The upper section, flanked by Ionic pilasters, features a 2-story angled metal window bay with ornamental pilasters and spandrel and one-over-one windows (one upper sash on the 7th story has original leaded glass). The 7th story culminates in a decorative cornice with rosettes and a tall balustrade flanked by shields and surmounted by end finials. The building sets back with a terrace on the 8th story. The recessed portion of the building has rectangular windows. East Facade The east facade, clad in red brick, has been painted and parged on the Fulton Street portion and the lower portion along Ann Street. It is pierced by windows in the center. West Fa

surveying equipment manufacturers
Related topics:
ski equipment new york city
iranian military equipment
commercial kitchen equipment cambridgeshire
soccer equipment edmonton
new york video equipment
kitchen equipment picture
garden equipment maintenance
camping equipment hire cape town
Comments