CHUNCHO'S RED CHILE STEW
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, cut in ½-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups beef stock, or more as necessary
- 3/4 cup mild to medium Chimayo Chile Bros. Red Chile
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons crumbled dried Mexican oregano, or marjoram
- 2 cups cooked whole pinto beans, drained
- 1 large russet potato cut in ½-inch cubes
- 1 large chopped white onion
- grated mild Cheddar cheese
1. Warm your oil in a Dutch oven or small stockpot over high heat and sear the meat. Add your onions and garlic; sauté until the onions turn translucent. Pour in the beef stock and scrape browned bits up from bottom. Stir in your Chimayo Chile Bros. Red Chile, salt and oregano; reduce heat to very low. Cover and simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
2. Mix in the beans and potatoes and continue cooking, uncovered, for an additional 30 minutes, or until meat and potatoes are tender. Be sure to stir it often so your stew doesn’t start to burn and stick to the bottom of your pan.
3. Serve steaming hot in bowls topped with fresh chopped onion and cheese!