The mission statement of the Chiltern Countryside Group is -
'Preserving the peace of the Chilterns'.
|We value and wish to protect the beauty and tranquility of the Chilterns and the surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The Chiltern Countryside Group naturally evolved from the networks of action groups, societies and individuals throughout the Chilterns, in response to the proposed changes to flightpaths set out by the National Air Traffic Service (NATS) in the Terminal Control North Public Consultation Document 2008.
The Chiltern Countryside Group is an independent Action Group with supporters throughout the Chilterns. Whilst we seek to work with other Action Groups & organisations with the same aims, we are not represented by any other campaigning body.
In March 2010 the Chilterns once more become threatened by the High Speed 2 Rail proposals.
|The Chiltern Countryside Group makes every effort to ensure the contents of the Group's submissions and reports are accurate, as dated. The CCG does not accept any liability for the use of their work by others, who should carry out their own independent verification.|
CCG Response to the High Speed Rail (London – West Midlands) Supplementary Environmental Statement 4 and Additional Provision 5 Environmental Statement Consultation Dec 2015-Jan 2016
HIGH SPEED 2
- CCG Statement that “Law and policies of recent years, which now conserve and enhance the nation's Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, must be applied to achieve better protection from HS2 than was achieved from HS1.”
- "Our street" - moving video as an ageing community in Hampstead discuss the prospect of leaving their homes.
- CCG CONTINUES ITS CAMPAIGN TO RAISE FUNDS TO HELP COVER COSTS OF HS2 ACTION ALLIANCE/ACTION GROUPS LEGAL CHALLENGE
- CCG are financially supporting the legal challenge on environmental grounds led by HS2 Action Alliance but we cannot do it without YOU. EVERYONE IN OUR CHILTERN COMMUNITIES NEEDS TO WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR THIS KEY ACTION. However much, or little you are able to contribute will make a difference - together, we can do it but we need every family to contribute in some way. For information on how to make a donation please either email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the HS2AA website.
- The CCG will continue to object strongly to any HS2 route which passes through the Chilterns and its AONB.