The mission statement of the Chiltern Countryside Group is -
'Preserving the peace of the Chilterns'.
|We value and wish to protect the beauty and tranquility of the Chilterns and the surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The Chiltern Countryside Group naturally evolved from the networks of action groups, societies and individuals throughout the Chilterns, in response to the proposed changes to flightpaths set out by the National Air Traffic Service (NATS) in the Terminal Control North Public Consultation Document 2008.
The Chiltern Countryside Group is an independent Action Group with supporters throughout the Chilterns. Whilst we seek to work with other Action Groups & organisations with the same aims, we are not represented by any other campaigning body.
In March 2010 the Chilterns once more become threatened by the High Speed 2 Rail proposals.
|The Chiltern Countryside Group makes every effort to ensure the contents of the Group's submissions and reports are accurate, as dated. The CCG does not accept any liability for the use of their work by others, who should carry out their own independent verification.|
CCG on ITV Meridian NEW!
26 July 2015 - IMPORTANT NEWS FROM CHILTERN COUNTRYSIDE GROUP ON MEETING FOR HS2 PETITIONERS BALLINGER 28 JULY 2015 NEW!
23 July 2015 - DISAPPOINTING NEWS ON HS2 IN THE CHILTERNS - LATEST UPDATE FROM CHILTERN COUNTRYSIDE GROUP NEW!
Select Committee statement —on the long tunnel options, we have kept in mind the potential non-quantifiable effects of the project on the Chilterns area of outstanding natural beauty. On the evidence heard we are strongly of the view that the case for a long tunnel is not made out. Without prejudging the arguments we may hear from future petitioners we believe it is unlikely that an overwhelming case will be made out for the long tunnel options as we move forward into further hearings.15 July 2015 - CHILTERN COUNTRYSIDE GROUP TO APPEAR BEFORE HS2 SELECT COMMITTEE ON MONDAY 20 JULY 2015
Chiltern Countryside Group's slides and the transcript (uncorrected). NEW!
8 June 2015 - IMPORTANT CHILTERN COUNTRYSIDE GROUP UPDATE ON PETITIONING AND HS2
Transport Select Committee Interim Report on HS2 - March 2015
CCG Petition to House of Commons on Hybrid bill - 23 May 2014. (See all 1925 petitions)
CCG response January 2014 to DfT Second stage consultation on proposals for a new night flights regime at Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted.
CCG response Dec 2013 to DfT Property Compensation Consultation
HS2 Phase 1 Compensation consultation closed Wed 4th Dec 2013, more details from HS2AA. This result of this consultation will affect any community threatened with large-scale infrastructure project, not just those affected by HS2.
HS2 Hybrid Bill presented to Parliament and HS2 Lobby Day in Westminster Monday 25 November 2013.
The Luon Airport expansion planning application was passed by Luton Borough Council, which owns the airport site. We believe a decision on the airport's proposals should be made by an independent body which is seen to be independent of those who have submitted the application. The E-PETITION has now closed.
HIGH SPEED 2
- CCG Statement that “Law and policies of recent years, which now conserve and enhance the nation's Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, must be applied to achieve better protection from HS2 than was achieved from HS1.”
- "Our street" - moving video as an ageing community in Hampstead discuss the prospect of leaving their homes.
- CCG CONTINUES ITS CAMPAIGN TO RAISE FUNDS TO HELP COVER COSTS OF HS2 ACTION ALLIANCE/ACTION GROUPS LEGAL CHALLENGE
- CCG are financially supporting the legal challenge on environmental grounds led by HS2 Action Alliance but we cannot do it without YOU. EVERYONE IN OUR CHILTERN COMMUNITIES NEEDS TO WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR THIS KEY ACTION. However much, or little you are able to contribute will make a difference - together, we can do it but we need every family to contribute in some way. For information on how to make a donation please either email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the HS2AA website.
- The CCG will continue to object strongly to any HS2 route which passes through the Chilterns and its AONB.