recognize and value the precious gift of children. While your children
are in our care, we make every effort to create a safe environment for
- We have a resident nurse or doctor to tend to any bumps or scratches and to make sure that medications are taken in a safe and timely manner.
- We use certified lifeguards to supervise swimming. We also use a "buddy check" system during each swimming period to account for the safety of all Campers.
- Every cabin is equipped with a working smoke detector provided by Kings Mountain State Park. Also, a fire extinguisher is located in each cabin area.
- At night, adult counselors are assigned to patrol cabin areas and to conduct bed checks of each cabin.
- Campers are not allowed to leave the campsite at any time. Counselors are allowed to leave only with the permission of the Camp Director.
Protecting God's Children
We recognize that creating a safe environment for your children extends beyond physical well-being. Prior to serving at the camp, all staff 18 years or older must complete the VIRTUS®
program entitled "Protecting God's Children". Adult counselors must also submit to a background check for criminal and sexual offenses, conducted by the Diocese of Charleston.
To promote a safe environment, we staff each cabin with two counselors. This structure encourages safety and accountability.