DECORATIVE IRON RAILINGS : DECORATION BLOGS.
Decorative Iron Railings
- cosmetic: serving an esthetic rather than a useful purpose; "cosmetic fenders on cars"; "the buildings were utilitarian rather than decorative"
- (decorativeness) an appearance that serves to decorate and make something more attractive
- Serving to make something look more attractive; ornamental
- Relating to decoration
- (decoratively) in a decorative manner; "used decoratively at Christmas"
- A fence or barrier made of rails
- (railing) material for making rails or rails collectively
- Railings is an Australian Thoroughbred racehorse who is notable for winning the 2005 Caulfield Cup when trained by John Hawkes. Other notable wins include the Metropolitan Handicap and he has been placed in races such as the BMW Classic.
- (railing) a barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports
- cast-iron: extremely robust; "an iron constitution"
- Smooth (clothes, sheets, etc.) with an iron
- press and smooth with a heated iron; "press your shirts"; "she stood there ironing"
- a heavy ductile magnetic metallic element; is silver-white in pure form but readily rusts; used in construction and tools and armament; plays a role in the transport of oxygen by the blood
decorative iron railings - Decorative Ironwork:
Decorative Ironwork: Wrought Iron Gratings, Gates and Railings
Who can resist the magic of beautiful wrought ironwork? What artists in iron have wrought over the centuries in ornaments and decorations is shown in this book through hundreds of captivating photographs. Thorough attention is paid to the restoration of wrought iron through discussions of techniques and various materials. The ironwork examples are organized according to the uses of ironwork, such as gratings that protect doors and windows, entries and gates from Europe in the Middle Ages, through the artistic creations of the 17th and 18th centuries up to works of our own day. Balconies and stairways, arbors, fencing, and church gratings provide exceptional opportunities for beautiful wrought iron artistry. Look and learn, and be inspired.
USA - New Jersey - Hoboken
Restored waiting room at the Hoboken Terminal. A grand double stair with decorative cast-iron railings within the Main Waiting Room provides an entrance to the upper-level ferry concourse.
...Nor iron bars a cage
These lovely decorative railings surround a peaceful green oasis in the centre of Cardiff.
decorative iron railings
WE ALSO OFFER OTHER RAIL SIZES AT OUR STROREFRONT (FOLLOW LINK ABOVE), in 6" increments ranging from 2' long to 8'-6" long, plus a 10' long, 11' long , and 12' long hand rail (pricing varies according to size). This listing is for a 3' long decorative moulding style wall mounted hand rail with two mounting brackets. The rail measures 1 3/4" wide. The clearance between the handrail moulding and the wall is 1 5/8". Unlike other hand rails on the market; all our handrails are formed of 100% solid steel. They are welded at our shop. The volutes (scroll ends) are not welded on they are constructed and built as one piece with the handrail. The brackets are welded on (6" inches from the ends of the volutes) so the rail comes complete and ready for mounting. After fabrication, all railings are sand blasted, fully primed and finished with a baked on gloss or satin black powder coat(defined below). If desired we will offer our rails in primer only, to allow you to paint the rail yourself (decreasing the price by $10.00 for this particular size) . Custom lengths and spacing of brackets are also available if drawings are provided. Please note that over all lengths may be plus or minus 1/2".***Made in the U.S.A. by William Henry Iron Works, Inc. Thanks for looking!*******Powder Coating:****** Powder coating is one of the most durable exterior finishes available today. It is used on many metal items that are exposed to weather because, as a finish, it is the best way to insure durability, weather resistance, and color retention. A powder- coated finish consists of part paint and part polyester sealer/resin. The finish is applied as a powder electrostatically and while held to metal this way,is baked in an oven. It is baked at a hot enough temperature so, in effect, the outside layer metal fuses with the melted powder forming a hard, weather-resistant finish.********To our Canadian shoppers: this product ships only to regions where UPS standard ground service is available.