WAY TO GO CHIDDIX BANDS!!!!
We did it! We hit our goal of 400 tickets! As of this update we are at 407!!!!! I am so proud of our students and families for showing such amazing support to the Unit 5 Music Parents. We all say THANK YOU!!!!!! Please show your Chiddix pride on Monday night and wear something to identify you as a Chiddix family. 8th grade families please check your page for a quick message. posted 11-9-2016
****Check your respective grade level page for some announcements concerning our concerts. I will also upload a document that contains all of the concert dates as well as put them in the "announcement" box on the lower right hand side of the page. Try to get into a habit of looking at the page at least once a week.
The picture / archive page will have pictures and / or announcements that were made that help tell a little history of the band when new students, parents and teachers work with the program.
The most important thing to remember about the website is that if you have ANY questions throughout the year PLEASE ask. Thanks for all of your help and support that you give to the Chiddix Bands! 9-15-16
Chiddix Junior High School Bands
CHIDDIX BANDS TRIVIA
CHIDDIX BANDS TRIVIA
Today's fun facts are about Mr. Swallow
This begins Mr. Swallow's 32nd year of teaching, 29 in Unit 5 and 22 of those years here at Chiddix. What a great place to call home! Some more trivia facts to think about:
- This year marks the 49th first day of school that Mr. Swallow has experienced.
- This year's 5th graders will be the last class Mr. Swallow teachers all four years while they are at Chiddix.
- Mr. Swallow began teaching in Unit 5 the year Parkside Elementary and Northpoint opened their doors.
- After that first year, the following buildings opened:
- Towanda demolition, remodel, construction
- Pepper Ridge
- Additions at Northpoint, Chiddix JH and Parkside JH
- Normal Community West High School
- Fox Creek
- Additions at Sugar Creek
- Normal Community High School
- Demolition of the north end of NCHS, and additions to the south end and the renaming of this building to Kingsley JH
- Benjamin, Cedar Ridge, Evans JH
- Complete remodel of Chiddix
300 S. Walnut Street | Normal, IL 61761
Mon., Nov. 14, 2016 5th & 6th Grade NCHS**
Thurs., Nov. 17, 2016 7th & 8th Grade CJHS**
Tues., Dec. 6, 2016 5th Grade NCHS**
Sat., Feb. 18, 2017 Host S&E, select 7th/8th CJHS
Tues., Feb. 28, 2017 7th & 8th Grade CJHS**
Thurs., March 9, 2017 5th & 6th Grade CJHS**
Sat., April 8, 2017 Twin Cities Honor 7/8 BJHS
Fri., April 28, 2017 Host IESA CJHS
Sat., April 29, 2017 Host/Perform IESA 8th Grade Only CJHS**
Thurs., May 11, 2017 Host S&E, Select 5/6 CJHS
Mon., May 15, 2017 7th & 8th Grade CJHS**
**Attendance required at these events for that particular grade level.