1. Start with an overview from an encyclopedia
Search for your topic in the following:
Key points from the video
- Encyclopedias provide summaries and introductions to your research topic.
- Three tips for reading encyclopedia articles:
- Jump to the relevant section of the article by searching for your topic terms. Use Control+F on a PC, or Command+F on a Mac.
- Find helpful books and journal articles in the encyclopedia article’s references.
- From your reading, identify alternative terms that can help you in future searches.