PCMCIA WIRELESS ETHERNET. HOW TO SECURE MY WIRELESS NETWORK LINKSYS. WIRELESS SECURITY EQUIPMENT
Pcmcia Wireless Ethernet
- IEEE 802.11 is a set of standards carrying out wireless local area network (WLAN) computer communication in the 2.4, 3.6 and 5 GHz frequency bands. They are created and maintained by the IEEE LAN/MAN Standards Committee (IEEE 802). The base current version of the standard is IEEE 802.11-2007.
- A wireless local area network protocol which allows high speed access to network resources. It operates at 11, 5.5, 2 and 1 megabits per second depending on distance. It uses the 2.4 ghz spectrum using direct sequence spectrum (DSS)..
- A misnomer in actuality since "Ethernet" is a wired system by definition, but appropriate nevertheless to describe CSMA/CA wireless LAN s&emdash;since their operation has a great deal in common and they are typically integrated easily.
- Personal Computer Memory Card International Association, denoting a standard specification for memory cards and interfaces in personal computers
- In computing, PC Card (originally PCMCIA Card) is the form factor of a peripheral interface designed for laptop computers.
- An expansion slot found in many laptop computers.
- An international association that defines specifications for devices.
Tech Travel Kit
I cannot stress how much I use the USB thumb drive. The optical Bluetooth mouse is handy when travelling but not practical for daily use because it is battery powered. Not pictured: WiFi PCMCIA card, as my Sony Vaio VGN-170B has integrated wireless.
PCMCIA cards (Wi-Fi wireless & Ethernet) $10/each or $20 to take them all
Wirelss: Dlink, 3Com Ethernet: 3Com, include the connection cable All of them are in good working condtions.
Related topics: wireless plans canadawireless flexible keyboardsrange booster for wireless routerwireless research jobswireless ccd camerawireless network card reviewwireless laser mouse 7000wireless router dsl modemwireless keyboard and mouse logitechwireless usb connections