Learn sax. Changing guitar strings classical
- memorize: commit to memory; learn by heart; "Have you memorized your lines for the play yet?"
- Commit to memory
- get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally; "I learned that she has two grown-up children"; "I see that you have been promoted"
- Gain or acquire knowledge of or skill in (something) by study, experience, or being taught
- Become aware of (something) by information or from observation
- gain knowledge or skills; "She learned dancing from her sister"; "I learned Sanskrit"; "Children acquire language at an amazing rate"
- A saxophone
- a single-reed woodwind with a conical bore
- SAX (abbr. from Slovensky akciovy index; in Slovak: Slovak Share Index) is the official stock index of the Bratislava Stock Exchange.
- a Belgian maker of musical instruments who invented the saxophone (1814-1894)
learn sax - Learn to
Learn to Play Sax
This book provides the beginner alto saxophone player with all the skills you need to get started. Following simple illustrated lessons, you will learn to play in a variety of styles - from funk and pop to soul, jazz and blues. Easy-to-follow lessons will help you pick up the essentials - creating a warm, rich, even sound, mastering rhythm and notation, and improvising - until you are ready to join a band and start jamming! The backing CD provides accompanying tracks to help you play the right style, and demonstrations of the material for you to listen to and emulate. The book isn't only for alto sax players, students of the tenor sax will also get plenty from the lessons and the scale library, allowing them to create simple improvisations and letting them 'jazz up' a melody. About the author Ollie Weston is Professor of Jazz Saxophone at the Guildhall School of Music and currently runs both the Jazz Workshop and the Jazz MA courses for the Junior School. As well as numerous smaller groups, he writes and arranges music for his own quartet, and co-leads the Zephyr Saxophone Quartet. His session credits include 19 Management, Island Records, Edwyn Collins, Jamie Cullum and Amy Winehouse. Ollie has also played in many West End productions.
Donny Osmond on Sax
Yes, that is actually a very small sax. Donny played this on one concert set during a Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat song. The story he tells the audience is how this was the first instrument his father gave him to learn to play. The sax always screaches a few times during the set, but Donny has fun with it.
She Learned To Be My Soulful Fingers
My sister's fingers on her soprano saxophone. I taught her everything...er, well, mostly everything...she knows.
I am...my sisters soulful fingers
The fast and easy way to play this popular woodwind instrument
Saxophone For Dummies offers the ideal introduction to this popular and versatile instrument, whether you lack any musical experience or are picking up the sax again after a hiatus. Covering both the alto and tenor sax, this friendly guide explains how to get a good sound, how to read music, and how to play songs in a variety of styles, including classical, pop, and jazz, all accompanied by the audio samples on the enclosed CD. With tips on how to buy or rent the best saxophone, and information on how to care for the instrument, Saxophone For Dummies is a comprehensive guide to playing this popular woodwind alone or in a group setting.
Includes tips on buying or renting a new or used saxophone
Audio samples of classical, pop, and jazz music are available on the bonus CD
Advice on cleaning and maintaining a saxophone
If you're picking up a saxophone for the first time or are looking to brush up on your skills, Saxophone For Dummies gives you everything you need to appreciate, understand, and excel at playing this popular instrument.