MOTELS IN CHICO. FIRST HOTEL REISEN STOCKHOLM.
Motels In Chico
- A roadside hotel designed primarily for motorists, typically having the rooms arranged in a low building with parking directly outside
- (motel) a motor hotel
- The Motels are a New Wave music band from the Los Angeles area best known for "Only the Lonely" and "Suddenly Last Summer", both of which peaked at #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1982 and 1983, respectively. Their song "Total Control" reached #4 on the Australian charts in 1980.
- A motel is a hotel designed for motorists, and usually has a parking area for motor vehicles. They are common in the United States.
- Chico is a post-bop jazz lp by Chico Freeman on India Navigation Records IN 1031 -on which Chico switches between tenor saxophone, bass clarinet and flute during long, explorative tracks.
- Marx: United States comedian; one of four brothers who made motion pictures together (1891-1961)
- A city in northern California, at the north end of the Sacramento Valley; pop. 40,079
- The Chico Amtrak station is a passenger station in Chico, California served by Amtrak. Formerly a Southern Pacific Railroad depot, it is located at Fifth and Orange Streets and is used by Amtrak's Coast Starlight service.
motels in chico - A Night
A Night in Casablanca
Marx Brothers comedy has them ferret out Nazi spies in a Casablanca hotel.
A Night in Casablanca may not qualify as a Marx Brothers classic, but it's certainly the best of their latter-day comedies. "This picture is funnier than all but a handful of their earlier ones," wrote the usually cantankerous Pauline Kael, and she's right. The Big Store would have been the final Marx movie, but that disappointment, and an attractive new deal with United Artists, prompted the Marx trio to bring freshly anarchic energy to this post-war spoof of wartime intrigue, prompting Warner Bros. (producers of Casablanca) to threaten legal action over the title, to which Groucho responded, "I am sure that the average movie fan could learn in time to distinguish between Ingrid Bergman and Harpo." As it happens, Night bears only passing resemblance to the Bergman/Bogart classic, with Groucho playing the new manager of a hotel in Casablanca, where several previous managers have been murdered while a scheming villain (Marx regular Sig Rumann) plots to steal the hotel's cache of Nazi treasure. Chico and Harpo are up to their usual antics (including piano and harp interludes, respectively), and they all give Rumann the runaround in the film's funniest and most perfectly choreographed scene. The brothers made their final film together with Love Happy three years later, but as any fan will tell you, A Night in Casablanca was the last Marx comedy that mattered. --Jeff Shannon
Wings of Glory
1. Expired SX70 film with Time Zero blend pack filter in place. I think it kept the yellow/white expired film flare down and added to the blues. Not certain, however.
2. This is the Thunderbird Lodge in downtown Chico, California. If you're gearing up for a meth binge or you're tooling through town to play at one of the few remaining clubs, this is where you may well find yourself holed up for the sweet price of $45/night. If you're sane and believe in hygiene as part of your moral (not just health) code, you'll steer well clear of this landmark. For those who know NorCal, there is a sister lodge in Redding, California - which for years vied with Red Bluff for the hick capital of the state, but the last few years have seen Red Bluff pull ahead.
20070215 Thunderbird Lodge & The Golden Waffle
The restaurant is similar in design to one just up the street (the immediately previous shot in my photostream).
motels in chico
Sandra loves ranch life. Most of all, she loves riding her pony, Chico. But a ride to visit a new calf ends in a terrifying encounter with a rattlesnake. Sandra learns an important lesson about taking care of herself and her horse—and about overcoming her fears.
In this story, based on a true-life incident, young Sandra demonstrates the forthright spirit that gave her the courage and confidence to become the first woman to serve on the United States Supreme Court. Her adventure with Chico in the desert landscape is breathtakingly rendered by celebrated painter Dan Andreasen.