Cruises from california to hawaii. What are the top cruise lines.
Cruises From California To Hawaii
- A state in the western US, on the coast of the Pacific Ocean; pop. 33,871,648; capital, Sacramento; statehood, Sept. 9, 1850 (31). Formerly part of Mexico, it was ceded to the US in 1847, having briefly been an independent republic. Large numbers of settlers were attracted to California in the 19th century, esp. during the gold rushes of the 1840s; it is now the most populous state
- a state in the western United States on the Pacific; the 3rd largest state; known for earthquakes
- In ancient Greek mythology, ambrosia (ἀμβροσία) is sometimes the food, sometimes the drink, of the Greek gods (or demigods), often depicted as conferring ageless immortality upon whoever consumes it.
- (californian) of or relating to or characteristic of California or its inhabitants; "Californian beaches"
- Take a vacation on a ship or boat following a predetermined course, usually calling in at several ports
- Sail about in an area without a precise destination, esp. for pleasure
- (cruise) an ocean trip taken for pleasure
- (cruise) drive around aimlessly but ostentatiously and at leisure; "She cruised the neighborhood in her new convertible"
- (of a vehicle or person) Travel or move slowly around without a specific destination in mind
- (cruise) travel at a moderate speed; "Please keep your seat belt fastened while the plane is reaching cruising altitude"
- a state in the United States in the central Pacific on the Hawaiian Islands
- (hawaiian) the Oceanic languages spoken on Hawaii
- The largest island in the state of Hawaii
- the largest and southernmost of the Hawaii islands; has several volcanic peaks
- A state in the US that is comprised of a group of islands in the North Pacific Ocean, about 3,000 miles (4,830 km) west of mainland US; pop. 1,211,537; capital, Honolulu (on Oahu); statehood, Aug. 21, 1959 (50). First settled by Polynesians, Hawaii was discovered by Captain James Cook in 1778. It was annexed by the US in 1898 and is a popular vacation destination
Sea Smoke et al
Sea Smoke, the cruising catamaran on the left, is one of the boats that moors at Anaehoomalu Bay that's used for whale watching. (I haven't asked them if I can fly my KAP rig off their boat, but...) It was originally commissioned and built for James Arness, who played the lead role in the TV show "Gunsmoke". From what I've been told he bought it so he could sail from California to Hawaii. The hull design shares more in common with racing cats than cruising cats, and the proportions of overall length to mast height is closer to a racing cat as well. As a result, it can develop a great deal of speed under sail. Unfortunately for whale watching they use the onboard diesels rather than sails, so I haven't been on it under sail. But they do host night cruises, so there's hope.